Thursday, April 26, 2007

Chen-Yi 2.0

Okay, I totally lucked out in that Chen - Yi generously stopped by my cube a couple of hours ago to chat, so I figured I had one more shot of really capturing him with the benefit of actual observation (instead of the usual memory + ancient Timmy photo) - if nothing else, at least his haircut should now be a little more accurate. They're sloppy, lopsided, full of obvious mistakes - on both of these, I was figuring them out as I drew them, but every time I tried "fixing" or improving them, I thought they lost something that felt right. Anyway, you be the judge if I'm getting any closer, or should have quit while I was ahead!

3 comments:

Rocket Johnson said...

HAHAHAHA! that bottom one is priceless!! That is so funny!

I'm glad you joined the blog dancer!

John S. said...

Great Chen Yis!!
Where is he going?

Dancing Man said...

Aw, thanks guys.
Chen-Yi is not leaving the area (not permanently anyway) but he's considering a number of options... Basically he wants to pursue projects (his own ideas and others) that he'd never have a chance to in a Hollywood studio like this one, and who are we to stand in the way, as painful as it is to see him go?